Private Cruise Boat on Perfume River
at Azerai La Residence Hue
Azerai La Residence, Hue has launched an elegant 55-foot (17-meter) cruise boat, offering guests one of the most stylish and exclusive ways to experience the Perfume River in central Vietnam.
With its classic hardwood trim and bright red accents, as well as spacious private lounge areas in the front and back, the new boat provides a stark contrast in both style and substance to the crowded and noisy dragon boats so commonly seen in Hue.
The new vessel at Azerai La Residence, Hue, locally built and christened “Nam Xuan,” accommodates up to 12 passengers, and embarks on three different types of excursions: an afternoon tea cruise, a sunset cocktail cruise and a dinner cruise. The covered middle section of the boat serves as a dining room by night and sightseeing deck by day.
“If you compiled a bucket list of things to do in Hue, experiencing the Perfume River would certainly be in the top three. But unlike other river excursions in the city, ours offers a truly intimate and sophisticated way to see the city’s rich historical sites, beautiful mountain scenery and vibrant river life,” said General Manager Minh Phan Trong.
The Afternoon Tea Cruise
- Duration: 90-minute journey on the Perfume River
- Include: a delicious assortment of sweet and savory treats, along with a range of teas, coffees and more
- Depart: every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 3:30pm
The private sunset cocktail cruise
- Duration: 90-minute sunset cruise on the Perfume River
- Include: a selection of hand-crafted cocktails, mocktails and delicious canapes
- Depart: 5:30pm at the golden hour
The private dinner cruise
- Duration: 2 hours
- Journey: Azerai La Residence – Thien Mu Pagoda – Azerai La Residence
- Include: a special La Residence cocktail at sunset when depart; dinner and private staff
- Dinner: Western or Vietnamese fine cuisine. Vietnamese menu include green mango salad with sun-dried beef, spicy prawn soup, fried squid with fish sauce, roasted giant river prawn with tamarind, and passionfruit mousse, among other choices
Private excursions can be arranged for up to 12 passengers for an afternoon tea or sunset cocktail cruise, and up to 10 passengers for a dinner cruise.
*The cruises are available even to non-guests of the resort. Anyone who lives in Hue, or is passing through town, is welcome to join one of these excursions.